Tuesday, November 30, 2010

White Winter Wonderland

About a week ago the weather forecasters were calling for a blizzard. Warnings were issued, schools let out early, and some people went so far as to go to the grocery store and stock up for the storm.

We watched and listened to the wind blow, waiting for the snow to come and bury us as predicted. We waited...  and waited..... and got nothing. Salt Lake was getting pounded and we assumed we were next. So we went to bed, anticipating the white that would await us in the morning.

Imagine how disappointed my boys were to find absolutely no snow in the morning! Jonah was devastated because he wanted to shovel the driveway with Honey Daddy.

Fast forward a week. On Sunday morning when we woke up, Honey Daddy informed me that we got tons of snow overnight! We got about 8 inches! I guess you could say our blizzard was a little behind schedule.


So even though it was Sunday, I let the boys get in their snow clothes and go out for a little while before church. They were SO excited for the first real snow!


As you can see, they got out their sand box toys and were digging and driving their tractors around in the snow. What a pair of sillies!

They had a wonderful time outside. I am not really that fond of snow, but seeing my two boys enjoy it so much makes it a bit more fun for me.


I guess you could say my boys have brought a little bit of the "wonder" back into winter wonderland for their mommy.

Wordish Wednesday

Looking for some fabulous blogs to link up with? Visit A Beautiful Mess, Supermom, and Parenting by Dummies.

12 comments:

  1. Oh how fun for them! And what cute photos. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they are having a ton of fun! I hope to get my boys to the snow this year!

    I hope you are feeling well in your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow already! Yikes. They look cute playing in it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! Love the hats by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like they had a great time in the snow. it is one thing I wish my boys could experience, but can't here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your sons' hats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This makes me wish I could visit a place with snow for just a day or two with my kids. I know they would love it SO much!

    Looks like your boys had so much fun! Those hats are the best! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. 8 inches of snow! That's crazy! And I'm still wearing flip-flops here!

    BTW...LOVE the hats! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love watching the snow. I don't know who is more excited for our 1st to come, me or the boys. I like to watch from the window too though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, very cute pics. The first snowfall is terrific...it's the subsequent ones that aren't so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although it looks like fun, I sure hope we're several weeks off from our first snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete