Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Technicolor Wonders

Be prepared to be amazed!! You are about to see something that has NEVER been seen on this blog before! That's right.... photos of little girls!

I know what you're thinking... Honey Mommy, you only have BOYS. Did you finally break down and kidnap yourself some little girls?

Nope. They were on loan. (It's true, Officer, I swear!)

Actually, these are photos of my friends' daughters that I have taken in the past couple of months. I am slowly learning how to use Adobe Photoshop with help from friends, online tutorials, and just plain fooling around. This week I learned out how to do black and white pictures with only certain parts in color. It is actually much easier than I thought it would be, and I LOVE the way the pictures turn out!
How adorable is she?
I know I kinda-sorta told some of you that I would cease and desist with the over-abundance of pumpkin pictures on my blog lately, but I just couldn't help myself. My friend asked me to take pictures of her kids at the pumpkin patch. This was one of the first photos that I played with and I thought it turned out really well. Plus she's a cutie-pie too, no?

Orange you glad I put up this photo after all?

We now return to our regularly scheduled boyishness. It wouldn't be Wordful Wednesday without photos of my own little guys. Remember the garden photos I posted a little while back? Well here is another one of Jonah with his beloved bell pepper.

I will love it and squeeze it and call it George.

Finally, here is a photo of Eli in his younger months. My sister made these adorable triangular bibs and I thought they looked cute on my pint-sized cowboy.

There are so many things you can do with Photoshop and I am just starting to scratch the surface. Sometimes it can seem so complicated, so it was nice to find something that I could do easily. Ideally someday I will find the time to take a class. Then I will know what to do to create the effects that I am looking for and make photographic works of art!

I am participating in Wordful Wednesday.

41 comments:

  1. fabulous - did you buy the actual software or is this the free photoshop on internet?
    I'm a bit afraid of photoshop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love all the photos. Some day, I hope to have photoshop to play with. *sigh* someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted about my love affair with photoshop.

    I am now addicted to actions!

    The pics came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't it fun to play with photoshop??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am also just learning how to use Photoshop and would love to hear any tips on how you make them black and white with just a few things in color.

    (I found you a few weeks back through Not Me Monday)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really want a girl too! i only have one boy, but he shure is fun... i never immagined how much fun a boy would be... You did a great job with the photo shop..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.My.Heavens. I want to eat that lil one up! These pics are great! I've never fooled around with PS before. Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these photos ... I love how you added just a bit of color here and there. I have no idea how to do any of that stuff but Im sure one day I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute photos. My favorite is Jonah hugging his huge bell pepper!

    I need photoshop! or at least the elements version (I don't think I could justify paying a few hundred dollars for a computer software, even though I MAY need it for school!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic shots and great editing!!!

    Photo editing is completely addicting. Completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep -pics of girls are fun...your shots are beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job..
    I love them..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahh Photoshop. I miss it. But I just don't have the money right now to get it...
    And congrats by the way on your sauciness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE what you've done with the software and pictures. Those triangular bibs are too cute on your son and I LOVE the bell pepper photo!

    Photoshop tops my Christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love PS...and really i love editing pics!! so much fun! u did a great job...the more u use it, the easier it gets. and that sweet little girl is too much! she's a great compliment to ur boys

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is awesome! I am so going to sharpen my skills...you have totally convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll trade a few girls for boys. Well actually my one boy is going to send me to the poor house, so you can keep yours...lol!

    You did a great job in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't it fun to have ruffles in your life from time to time? I don't have a girl either, so I just live vicariously through my friends! I need to learn to use photoshop too, oh wait, I need to get it first!(Do you have the lastest version or version 6? The older one is obviously cheaper, but I am wondering if it is worth it to save a few bucks.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this effect. Especially the orange!

    ReplyDelete
  20. adorable pics!!

    yep, I soooo love Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love those online tutorials. My problem is once I learn how to do something, I can't remember it the next time and I have to go search out the tutorial again.

    I am thinking I am having old-age memory issues, but I am trying to forget that it's happening.

    I really love that orange one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how adorable!
    I just LOVE messing with my photo program and doing the same thing w/ B&W pics!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute pictures and great job with the photoshop. you should post a tutorial next... i would love to learn this effect.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the effect that can be created! Great pictures.

    Yay on your saucy week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish I could figure out photoshop. The pics look great! I love b&w pics with the little bit of color. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! You are quite talented with the photoshop. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Isn't photoshop the greatest?

    Congrats on being Saucy this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loving the Photoshopping going on in these pics. Fun use of color.

    Happy WW.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These really are adorable shots, and I like the color with black and white effects.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I wanna learn how to do the black and white color thingy!

    Adorable pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Can't wait to get Photoshop... your photos are great!! ~Jill :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. That pic of your son with the pepper is so cute! Photoshop would be a lot of fun to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just gorgeous!!! I love that effect in Photoshop!! I love Photoshop, period!! LOL I haven't done that to a photo in awhile, but now I've got the bug to go do that, yours just look so great! And cute kids too, yours and the little kidnapped ones!! :)

    Thanks for your encouragement yesterday too! My little one is just perfectly back to normal this morning!! Sigh, so relieved!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Found you by way of SITS. I love the one with the pepper. I have CS3 and haven't done much with photoediting, though I have done a few digital scrapbook pages. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I got a fabulous camera last yr for my birthday - Rebel XT - sadly, I still don't have photoshop...someday!! It looks like so much fun!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog yesterday! I'm glad it touched you and I hope you had a great time snuggling your little ones last night!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Came over from SITS and I have to say that I love the color washed photos! I really love the pumpkin patch. The orange really POPS!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute pics!!!
    You have an award waiting for you at my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. okay- those pictures are AWESOME!! I am going to have to ask my hubby to show me how to use photo shop tonight...Very very cool!

    ReplyDelete