Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Joys of Boys: Camping and Fishing

Even though summer is over and school is in full swing, recently my boys have had the opportunity to do two activities that they absolutely loved; fishing and camping!

Over Labor Day weekend the boys got to go fishing with Grandpa and Daddy at a nearby pond. Grandma and Grandpa came to watch the kids while we were in San Francisco, and fortunately they stayed a little longer.

So they packed up their fishing poles and gear and went to catch me some fish. I actually love fresh fish and have ever since I was a little girl!


Luckily for me they actually caught one! The boys were so excited when they caught a large mouth bass.


He was just big enough to keep, so we cooked him for dinner (along with some salmon we bought). It was a pretty tasty fish! The boys decided to go fishing one more time before Grandpa had to leave. This time Miss Aubrey and I decided to tag along.


They didn't catch any fish the second time around, but they still had fun. I enjoyed walking around and taking pictures of my boys fishing, as well as the local wildlife. There were lots of duck and geese at the pond!


Then just this past weekend my boys got to go on a Fathers and Sons camping trip with Daddy. They got to sleep in a tent and even cook dinner over a campfire!


My Honey was ambitious and rather than just having hot dogs for dinner, the boys had steak and potatoes! They said it was delicious. The boys also really enjoyed roasting marshmallows over the campfire and making s'mores (of course!). 

The boys had a blast camping! Not only did they get to hang out with Daddy and sleep outside, they also had several friends their ages to play with. Before they headed for home the next day, Daddy took the boys on a hike up the nearest mountain.


From their viewpoint they could see Utah Lake as well as their camping site. My Honey took these awesome photos of my boys sitting together and enjoying the view. I love them!


Apparently camping was so exciting and exhausting that Eli fell asleep in the car before they even made it to the highway! He slept the whole way home and didn't even wake up when we unloaded the car.


After we got everything unpacked, I could tell that Jonah was feeling a little out of sorts. When I asked him what was wrong he started to cry and told me that he didn't want to come home! That is how much he loved camping!

So it looks like next summer we are going to have to do some camping and maybe a little fishing together as a family! Should be fun, and at least I know the boys will LOVE it!


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
friday favorite things | finding joythe long road


6 comments:

  1. Look at how BIG your boys are getting and your little princess too! You boys will hold onto those wonderful fishing and camping memories forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that looked like such a fun camping trip. Oh and that last part was just too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW- what a catch! and the view- AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the memories they will have...and such great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great day with a family! you've captured some wonderful moments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet post! I was hanging on every word and picture! just wonderful! I am sure you are glad you have captured this memory in photos and story so you can remember it for a long long time! Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete