Thursday, July 26, 2012

Our Golden Pond

This week we discovered another fun and FREE summer activity; the local pond! One of my friends asked me if I had ever taken the kids to the park with the pond and I had no idea what she was talking about. Turns out, not too far from our house is a little park with a fishing pond. They stock the pond with fish for anglers, but they also have a sandy beach area and a wading zone where kids can play and swim! So fun!


So after swimming lessons when we were already wet, we drove up to the pond to meet our friends. The water was nice and not yucky at all. Miss Aubrey loved wading near the shore, and the boys got to play in the water with pool noodles.


I was pleasantly surprised that my little girl did not try to go too deep into the pond! The shore drops off after a little ways, so I didn't want her to get in too deep. It was a good thing she stayed close, since I didn't want to spend my whole time there trying to wrangle her and keep her away from the water.


Besides swimming, the kids enjoyed digging near the shore with the sand toys we brought.


Having water near the sand added a whole new element of fun to their digging! Even Miss Aubrey had fun digging in the sand.


Maybe sometime we will have to come back and actually fish at the pond to see if we can catch anything. For today we were just happy to stay and play.


As for me, it was nice to sit under the shade of my umbrella with a friend and watch our kids play. These are the summer days that I will look back on with a smile.


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
friday favorite things | finding joythe long roadHappily Mother After


13 comments:

  1. SO fun! I *think* I recognize where you are, but I'm not sure. :)

    As for your question about The Great Salt Lake, the public beach on Antelope Island in Davis County is one of my very favorite places for beach in these parts. A word of warning though, pack extra clothes for everyone (and a plastic bag to bring your salty clothes home) and LOTS of bug spray. :) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. isnt it great when you can find fun things to do at your doorstep? love these fun shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to have! It's so funny to read posts from people around the country going to ponds and splash parks - for me growing up by the beach that was our summer and nothing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. It's fun discovering new fun things to do right in your neighborhood. First time visiting from the photo link up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day, free and close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun for them. Great that you have this amazing free resource to escape the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great pics. Looks like so much fun. :)

    I am your newest GFC follower. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside

    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had lots of fun and made tons of great memories! Looking forward to checking out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Great pictures.

    Visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kids and ponds go so well together! We love our pond!
    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by SITS, Your daughter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww!! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like everybody enjoyed their pond adventure. :) It’s healthy to do some physical activities under the sun sometimes. And you also taught them how to fish! :) Hopefully, they felt happy when they finally caught their first fish. :)

    Richelle Loughney

    ReplyDelete