Saturday, May 19, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {5•20•12}


Rainbow

Although it did rain here this week, we did not see any rainbows in the sky. So instead you get a colored pencil rainbow on my driveway.

Fluffy

Right now it seems the air is fluffy around here. Many of the trees are pollinating, especially the willows and cottonwoods. They are spreading this puffy white fluff all over everything! Sometimes it looks like it is actually snowing outside because there is so much of it blowing around!

Since I am not fond of this particular fluffy white stuff, I have another fluffy picture for you.


I drove by a house that had some strange, round purple puff-ball plants. It looked like an enormous purple dandelion fluff-ball, but when you get close up it is actually made up of a bunch of pretty little purple flowers.

Letter(s)

I promise there really is a letter in this picture! See there on the bottom right side? The letter G. For some reason, it is a bit of a custom here in the West to put a letter on the mountain to represent your city or high school. The only part that I don't get is that our city doesn't start with the letter G! (edited to add: I did some more research and found out that the nickname for our city is "the Grove", which is what the G actually stands for).

Metal

A few years ago we re-shingled our roof. We still have coils of roofing nails in the garage, and I thought they were actually quite lovely.

Tree

Right now I am preparing for my first 100 mile bike ride of the year, so I have been spending a lot of time of my bike. While out on one of my rides this week, I spotted this tree and I knew it was perfect for this prompt!

34 comments:

  1. Sometimes it isn't just the name of the city but the name of the High School...what is the name of your school? Great picts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. does the city have a new name now? i am intrigued by that G! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how beautiful those roofing nails are! And I have to ask.....how many 100 mile bike rides do yo do a year? Even one is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic photos! Your nails photo is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nails could also work for rainbow, don't ya think? BTW, your fluffy purple flowers are allium . . . we have a dozens of them in our yard. Great set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, amazing photos again this week. I love them all, but especially letter! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your metal and rainbow shot! I remember seeing a letter in a mountain in Ft. Collins CO once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great - I looked all over that first picture trying to visualize a letter in the top of the landscape - and only saw the G at the bottom after you pointed it out. Interesting tradition. The roofing nails are almost a rainbow in themselves. Excellent set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful set! the nails are so pretty, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great! Love the landscapes you have! Metal is so cool! Love the irridescent colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your set! I had always heard that the letters were for pilots so they could have a frame of reference when up above. At least that is what we are told here in NV- we have those letters in every town :) Yours made me smile! Neat to see them beyond my area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honey Mommy, I just love coming here! You always have such lovely photos..and these are all fabulous. My fav is that last one, "tree".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous set, as usual! 100 miles is a very long way to bike! Good luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots. I love the metal shot...it could have doubled for your rainbow shot. :) I have seen letters on mountain ranges before and always wondered what in the heck they stood for.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes great shots. The nails look great and I think I know where the tree is. I don't remember your
    Letter. Thanks and love ya

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your letter! I didn't even see it at first. What a unique tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm loving metal - gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots - I love Metal, too! Good luck with your training!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm with everyone else!! I love the metal shot! You took something very ordinary and make it beautiful!! I always like pencil and crayon shots, maybe because I love school supplies! Love your whole set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your photos! I think your metal could have passed for rainbow as well! I think I have seen that "G" on my travels through Utah and Arizona...unless I saw it on another mountain! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  21. those METAL nailheads are amazingly colorful! All your pics are so gorgeous! I can see where you might not like the FLUFFY heads on the flowers... pollen trouble. YOU ROCK... a 100 mile bike ride. Does your husband participate too? or is this a "chick" thing?

    ReplyDelete
  22. A 100 mile bike ride?!?! Oh. My. Word. You are the woman!! :-) Beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures, especially love the rainbow and metal!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really wonderful pictures! I love both your Fluffy shots... so pretty. The Metal image is great, too.

    Have a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love all of these, especially that gorgeous metail image, love the reflected colours, and your fluffy purple flower too. Good luck with your 100 mile bike ride!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful set!!!! love them all, the letter shot is so unique. Love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous set! Love those roofing nails...the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post very creative shots! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Incredible set. They are all so fantastic. Good luck with your 100 mile bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the metal picture. And way to get out on the bike. I'm trying to figure out how to get in a 60 miler with Mike this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A hundred mile bike ride? You are quite ambitious! I love all of these shots~very artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What lovely photos! I especially like the iridescence of the nail heads :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice set love your fluffy shots and rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  34. All of your shots are fabulous! esp. love the nails!
    I need a bike... I miss riding! ;)

    ReplyDelete