Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dinosaur Preschool

It has been a fun and busy week at the Honey House. Once again it was my turn to teach preschool as part of our little cooperative. This time the subject was dinosaurs, and I was so excited about it!

There are so many great dinosaur books. I love all the "How Do Dinosaurs..." books by Jane Yolen and Mark Teague. I also found two new favorites in "When Dinosaurs Came with Everything" and "Brontorina". If you haven't read these books you should check them out! They are great. Here is my table all set up:


I had tons of books, plastic dinosaurs, and I even made dinosaur feet out of cereal boxes for the kids. At the end of class they all giggled while stomping around in their big dinosaur feet!


The dinosaur feet were a big hit, and so were the dinosaur eggs! I used the recipe and tutorial that I found at Projects for Preschoolers. It was really easy to make the clay mixture and put the little plastic dinosaurs in the eggs. I cannot tell you how much fun the kids had breaking open their dinosaur eggs!


The only problem I had was that the weather was wet and stormy, so I knew the eggs would not have time to dry out. So I ended up baking them in the oven for a little while. It worked just fine, as you can see.


I did another preschool lesson today, but that is a post for another day! Thank goodness my busy week is winding down. I am ready for the weekend!

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
friday favorite things | finding joythe long roadHappily Mother After

2 comments:

  1. Love this. Made them for my preschool class. Thanks for sharing the oven tip.
    Sinea

    ReplyDelete