Thursday, July 29, 2010

Roofing Reruns:
A Photo a Day: Week 30

Day 204
July 23: Did you know that after you shovel the shingles off your roof you are left with something that looks like this? I spent a few hours on the roof this morning, removing the nails and paper still left left on the front side of the roof while Honey Daddy and Papa worked on shingling up the other side. So fun!

Day 205
July 24: Today we visited the Kennecott Copper Mine. The boys loved looking at all the HUGE equipment. I loved looking at the terraced walls of the mine.

Day 206
July 25: We spent a fun evening having an extended family dinner. After good food and conversation we watched a movie with the boys. We ended up keeping the little guys up late enough that we got to let them do sparklers when it was dark out. So fun and pretty too!

Day 207
July 26: Honey Daddy has been getting up early to work on the roof every morning. He and Papa work until about noon and then take a break during the heat of the day. This morning when Honey Daddy left, somebody else climbed into bed with me. It seems our late night made Jonah extra tired this morning. I think he's extra cute too, all cuddled up in Mommy and Daddy's bed.

Day 208
July 27: Hallelujah! The roof is almost done. Today the shingles reach nearly up to the peak of the house. Honey Daddy and Papa got the ridge vent cut and the end is in sight! It's a good thing too because this whole project has us all pretty exhausted.

Day 209
July 28: This evening Grandma and I took the boys to a local park to play for a while. I took my camera with me, hoping to find something to photograph other than our roof. There was a butterfly on the play equipment that kept fluttering around me, who was kind enough to let me take his picture. I also thought the clouds that evening were stunning.

Day 210
July 29: It is finished! Today Honey Daddy and Papa put the cap shingles on top of our new ridge vent. Re-shingling our roof turned out to be a lot more time consuming than we expected, but the new roof is beautiful and best of all it is DONE!

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli


365
Hosted by Chris

7 comments:

  1. WOOOOO for a finished roof! What a job!

    I have been fascinated with clouds lately and keep taking pictures of them. It's a weird obsession. I'm glad I'm not the only one who takes pictures of the sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you can even make roofing look good :)

    I LOVE that Jonah climbed into bed with you - my boys do that but usually its to jump on me until I get out of bed with them - not as fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you have finished that project. always good to finish up a big project and be able to step back and way whoohoo don't have to do that again for a long time

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your sparkler shot! That looks so cool! But the little sleeping guy...he makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow busy week. I grew up in Alaska, but never made it up to Kennecot. I'm going to have to take care of that one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome on the roof! And that mine looks awesome! Gonna go check that post out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting the new roof done certainly calls for celebrations. Break out the bubbly! The sparklers look fun even to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete