Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bike and Burn - Fat Ticker Friday

I have been doing pretty well this week. Midweek I weighed myself and I had lost a pound. We'll see what the scale says in the morning! Maybe I should tell it to be extra nice because my birthday is Saturday... do you think that would work?

* I just weighed myself, and I lost 2 pounds this week! Wahoo!!

I have been monitoring what I eat (yucky food journal) and working out a lot. My exercise this week mostly consisted of bicycling and I am really enjoying our new healthy hobby.

Saturday I went on a grueling ride with my husband. We went 20 miles total, half of which was up a HUGE hill. From our starting point we figure we climbed 1575 feet in elevation. I didn't think that I could make it, but with my husband's encouragement I did! (To check out the view from the top, just scroll down to the post below!)

Then I have gone on two other bike rides, which were just over 10 miles each. I am enjoying cycling a lot more than I have any other kind of exercise. If you haven't tried it in a while, you should! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you decide that you can do it!

I've been enjoying watching "The Biggest Loser" so far this season. I like the show because it shows that ANYONE can lose weight... and that it's hard work! They get a lot of help and lose weight faster than most people, but even the people who go home and have to do it by themselves look amazing! I have to admit that it also makes me feel good about myself because I realize that I am not fat enough (anymore) to qualify for the show.

I'll have to let you know how I do next week after cycling 60+ miles with Honey Daddy this weekend on our bike tour! Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. Happy weigh in tomorrow and HAPPY BIRTHDAY this Saturday! You're gonna do great!

    I LOVE the Biggest Loser too!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You truly are an inspiration. I'm so proud of you and your recent accomplishments. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your weight loss. Your are definitely on the way to looking hot for the holidays!!!

    I wish we had The Biggest Loser here in Russia. I really miss American TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congrats on the weightloss - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :-)

    Sanni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 2 pounds! And Happy Birthday! My littlest one is 4 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the two pound loss! keep up the good work. happy birthday, too! :)

    i love the biggest loser...there's another team that i wish would go home soon. but right now i can't think of their names or color of shirts lol

    i will try to chk in again for next wk's hfh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog! And congrats on the weight loss. I hope you had a great birthday! Our bikes have been hanging in the basement for a LONG time. I should look for one of those pull behind things for the kids to ride in so we can dust them off and get some exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the weight loss! :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete