Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Afternoon Delight

It is 2:15 p.m. and I just got out of the shower.

The shower was lovely... until I reached out to get my towel and remembered that I just put them in the washer. Drat! So I tiptoed across the bathroom, dripping along as I went to get fresh towels. I can't tell you how many times I do that to myself.

My two boys are in their beds asleep. The house is blissfully quiet. Almost as quiet as it was at 5:30 a.m. when I was getting dressed for my morning bike ride. Except now there is the occasional sound of neighborhood children and cars driving by.

The peaches I canned this morning are sitting out on the back porch... beautiful. At the moment I will ignore the fact that there are five times as many peaches still on the tree, not quite ripe. Next week they will become jam.

One load of laundry is hanging on the clothesline above the peaches. Another load (with towels in it!) is in the washer, waiting for its turn to dance with the breeze. Maybe I will do one more load today... later.

For now I get to relax and do whatever I want. I think I'll go read some blogs, drink a Diet Coke, and maybe work on cutting some fabric for Jonah's quilt. It is only my second pieced quilt, so it's still fun for me. I hope to finish before it snows.

All too soon the baby will wake up, needing to be fed. So I'm off to enjoy MY time.

1 comment:

  1. Life is Great! After you've worked hard and accomplished some chores for the day, nothing is sweeter then have a little time for your self. I liked the feeling your post gave me of contentment and that quiet, happy confidence you sometimes get the chance to feel.

    ReplyDelete