Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Inspected by Number 1

Yesterday I was folding a load of laundry with a little help from Jonah. He used to take clothes out of the basket and hurl them at me in his effort to be "helpful". I have taught him that I only need one item of clothing at a time. So now he hands me an article of clothing out of the basket and I fold it.

It seems that he has added something new to his laundry folding repertoire. He picked up each item of clothing and then dramatically sniffed it. One by one he pronounced each item "Clean!" and then gave it to me to be folded. It was SO hilarious! I'm glad my laundry has the Jonah seal of approval!

As he picked up a pair of his underwear (hooray for potty training!), sniffed it and pronounced it clean, I could see my future with teenage boys... Picking up a pair of underwear, sniffing them and pronouncing them "clean enough!" before they put them on! *shudder*

But then again, I grew up in a house full of girls... so maybe boys don't really do that. What do I know?!

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I need to teach my son that one! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do. My husband calls it "the smell test." I've never actually seen it in action, but with two boys of my own, I know I will glimpse it at least once in my future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes my DH will do the "smell test" on his shirts before they hit the laundry basket!! At least it isn't his underwear.

    ReplyDelete