Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {3•3•13}


Red {Bolt}

I went on a walk with my kids this afternoon to see if we could find the colors of the rainbow. Along the way we spotted some older fire hydrants near our neighborhood with some great textures.

Orange {Away}

Speaking of texture, check out my fence! The previous owners painted the wooden fence and were not too happy when it turned out much more orange than they expected. Needless to say I am not sad that the paint has started to flake off. Maybe we can finally get around to painting it a more neutral hue.

Yellow {Rays}

Would you believe that the flowers my husband got me over a week ago still look good?! I particularly love the long thing petals of the yellow flowers that I have discovered are fuji chrysanthemum flowers.

Green {Glitter}

Here is little St. Patrick's Day shimmer for you. This is a close-up of a sparkly green shamrock decoration. I love the glittery bokeh!

Blue {Sky}

Today was absolutely gorgeous! We enjoyed blue skies, sunshine, and temperatures in the fifties! It was heaven. We went walking, did yard work, and played outside. I am SO ready for Spring.

Purple {berry bonus}

We are trying to eat healthy and loose a few pounds, so our fridge is stocked with fruits and veggies. Blueberries are so yummy! I was going to use this photo for "blue", but decided that on the outside blueberries are more purple-ish. So I included this photo to complete my rainbow!


21 comments:

  1. Interesting photos.

    My roses that I got 3 weeks ago are only now starting to fade so yes I beleive your flowers still look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set of pictures for the hunt! I love the texture in the orange and the bright yellow of the flower petals. The blue sky is lovely.
    I actually took some shots of purple by mistake (just taking pics of the rainbow and got snap happy I guess). Now you got me thinking I should have included it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, really love all your macro shots this week. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely close up shots. I think the blueberries are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great macros - love the bokeh in Green!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the texture in all of these! Gorgeous shots! I am a blueberry addict - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You knocked it out of the park with these. I love something about each one and just keep coming back to the green - superb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was like purple? Did I miss something then I seen bonus. Great shots love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful rainbow of images!! It think it's special that you included your children in the search! I love to go photo scavenging with my grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glitter Bokeh - BONUS! Love that shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great big YES to them all. But the 'green' is my favourite, my fave colour, it's glitter and I am Northern Irish :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow what a great set. Loved the texture in your Red and Orange shots.
    Your Green blew me away. What awesome detail and cool bokeh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just Beautiful. Love the first two! Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes great set this week. Yellow is wonderful thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love your rainbow.....what a fantastic set of images, love them all....made me smile xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. BRILLIANT! These are fantastic. Love the glitter bokeh.... I am dying over here :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shots look amazing once again. LOVE the yellow flower. And what a great shot of the glitter. PRETTY...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent pictures! The glittery green is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such lovely finds for your colors. The green glitter, though, has to be my favorite. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I like the first two pictures and the shimmery green best of all because they are show great creativity and are interesting objects. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think your choices are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete