Saturday, March 9, 2013

Scavenger Hunt Sunday {3•10•13}


Five

Today we had an awesome birthday party for my Eli. I don't quite know when he got to be so big! He is turning five today! That's a whole hand!

Word of the Day: PIRATE!

In case you couldn't tell, the party theme for the day was pirates. We had so much fun! I loved making the message in a bottle invitations and the pirate ship cupcakes.


Sharing

I am so excited that Spring is coming, so today I am sharing a shot of the tulips that are growing in my flower beds.

Wiggle

This is what happens when you drive up on the hillside at night, set your exposure for a second or so, and give your camera a good wiggle. Cool, huh?


Cookies!

Birthday week means lots of cake at my house, so I didn't really want to make cookies. So when I was at the store I grabbed a box of Cookie Crisp, which my kids have never had before. They were very excited to have cookies for breakfast!

15 comments:

  1. So, clearly you have a lot more energy than I do. My son's birthday is next week and I am using store-bought invitations and taking four friends to Nickel-Mania. No decorations, no clean-up. Of course, it isn't nearly as awesome as yours looks. I hope he had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, amazing pictures by the way. I need a cool camera to take pictures with too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photos. My favorite is the wiggle shot. Very Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lucky are you that your son turned 5 during the week that 5 was a hunt word! The pirate party looks like fun. Your wiggle shot is so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Eli!! The party looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the wiggle. Sometimes you can't always find the prompt, you just have to create it. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool shots this week. I love all the cute details of his birthday party. You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your pirate clad five year old! And fun birthday! I had a pirate lover too - now 23...it's fun to remember back to those days with him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pirate birthday looked like 'da bomb' - very cool indeed and Happy (belated) Birthday to your young man. My baby was just 5 yesterday, today he is 17 - ouch! Your wiggle shot is very cool and some how cookie crisps scream 'kids' because as much as I love a cookie, cookie cereal just isn't doing it for me.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful set. Your new "5" year old looks adorable and the Pirate theme for the party was awesome.
    Loved your "Wiggle" shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh - what a fabulous set of photos. I look forward to my visits at your blog - I appreciate you sharing so much of your family-time with your blogger buds. What cute cupcake holders! did you get that on Pinterest? I can't pick a favorite shot - they are ALL great!
    And, your posts on my blog lifted my spirits - thanks oodles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very fun series. Happy birthday to Eli, looks like he had a really amazing party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, you should win a prize, both for your pirate ship cupcakes, which my granddaughters would go ape over, and your wiggle photography!!! That was ultra cool! Thanks for sharing your secret on how to make that happen...now, can you share your cupcake secret?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wiggle shot is just awesome and creative-WOW! Happy birthday to your little man! What an awesome job on this week's list!

    ReplyDelete