Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you are having a fabulous day! I managed to get all my Valentine's projects done- hooray!

First we made a Valentine's mailbox for my first grader.


I love it when projects are easy and turn out awesome! We made a Lego head mailbox. I just covered a #10 can with yellow paper and used my Silhouette Cameo to trace the face. Jonah's name is on the back with sparkly heart stickers. He LOVED it.

I also made Swedish fish Valentine's for Jonah to take to class.


I saw this idea all over on Pinterest. I found a goldfish bowl I could cut out on my Cameo and then just added the fish. Cute, huh?

I also made some fun things to share with my friends and family. I have discovered how fun and easy it is to use Candy Melts to make fun-shaped suckers. So I made these awesome lip suckers.


I took them to my friends and gave them a "hug and a kiss". It was a blast! When Jonah comes home from school I fully intend to torture him by doing a photo shoot with the big red lips. It should be hilarious! (at least he gets a sucker out of the deal, right?)

I also made some fun strawberry chocolate chip cookies to take to a few friends.


I saw the recipe on Pinterest, and since it was just a cake mix cookie I knew it would be easy and fast! Plus I happened to have a strawberry cake mix in my pantry -yippee!


How could you not love PINK cookies? If you want the recipe you can find it here.

I do have to work tonight, but delivering my goodies today has been tons of fun.
What did you do for Valentine's day?


Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Fridayfriday favorite things | finding joythe long road

6 comments:

  1. These are so adorable!! Teaching in a Jewish day school, we don't do Valentines day so it was actually a normal day for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look so good!! I also love the Swedish fish Valentine's you made. Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great shots! Love the snack ideas. I bet the class loved it.
    Mine are here if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these are SO CUTE! Love the fishbowl idea - adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete