Friday, June 3, 2011

Postpartum and Precious in Pink

Just in case you are wondering, I have not fallen off the face of the earth... at least not physically.

You may not know this, but with each of my children I have gone through a period of postpartum anxiety/depression. With my second son I handled it pretty well, so I thought I was prepared for what would happen when Audrey was born.

Turns out I was not prepared. This time has been very different from what I expected, and it has been incredibly hard. So hard that I don't really even want to think about it right now.

But through the hard times I know I have been incredibly blessed. So many friends, family and neighbors have been there for me and helped as much as they could. That and all the little blessings help me know that I have not been alone in my struggles.

I feel like I have turned a corner. I feel like I am finally winning the fight. I am finally enjoying my boys and my baby girl.

I feel HAPPY.


Don't I have the cutest baby girl ever?

Give me your best shot at Better in BulkPhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Lolli

8 comments:

  1. Yes you do. She is precious!
    So glad you are feeling better. I'm glad you have a wonderful support system.
    Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Sorry you are having a difficult time. I recently posted about some struggles I have had around this. Tough work for sure. If you ever need to vent, swap stories, or anything like that please let me know. I hope things continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you have a great support system and that you're feeling better. Your little Audrey is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that you have to go through this hard time. Your baby is a beautiful little blessing. Congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you have such good people around you. And that you're on an upswing. Here's hoping everything continues to swing up.

    And yes, that baby of yours is delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was just thinking about you and wondered where you were! She is precious! And glad to hear things are coming around. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post Partum is the PITS. I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope the worst is behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling better. Makes me happy that you are happy :)

    ReplyDelete