Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day Flowers

Three years ago my first son was born the day before Mother's Day. Due to pregnancy complications I was scheduled to be induced on the Monday after Mother's Day. Apparently Jonah had other plans, and my water broke that Saturday morning.

I spent my first Mother's Day as a new mother in the hospital with a brand new baby. I can't really say that I remember very much about my first Mother's Day, but having Jonah changed my life forever.

Now I have two beautiful sons, and I watch them learn and grow every day. It is amazing to see them develop into little people, and it is astounding how quickly they learn. I love to watch them explore the world and enjoy every minute of it. My boys are the sunshine of my life, and motherhood has changed who I am and who I want to become.

I have learned more about myself in the past three years than I think I did in all the years before that. Motherhood has changed me from a lovely bud that was tightly closed to protect itself from the world- to an open blossom, sharing and giving all that I have and all that I am.

Being a mother is often challenging, and not always fun... but it is always worth it.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you beautiful blooms.

6 comments:

  1. Children are a blessing. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From delicate buds to beatiful flowers the growth of motherhood is amazing. Continue to enjoy it and Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Children are such a blessing and they are blessed to have such a sweet momma like you! Happy Mother's Day to you :) Hope your day is filled with joy and happiness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and thoughts! Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete