Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swimming Pool Saga

This summer as the temperatures have climbed up into the nineties we have been playing in the sprinklers quite a bit. More often than not, Jonah ends up picking up the sprinkler and walking around with it pointed away from him.

He acts more like he is watering the lawn than trying to get wet and cool off. I finally decided that he didn't like getting water splashed in his face. So last month I started to look for a little swimming pool.

Apparently even though it was blazing hot outside, the buying season for swimming pools in Utah is OVER. Everywhere I looked they either had absolutely no pools, or some lame ones on clearance.

I was completely disgusted. All I wanted was a little pool for my boy to play in. I checked at all the logical places... Wal-Mart, Shopko, K-Mart, Target, etc. No swimming pools.

So I was telling my mom about the utter lack of pools and asked her to look and see if they still had pools at the stores there in Wyoming. She called me back to ask me WHAT KIND OF POOL I WANTED! Apparently there were about 6 different kinds of pools at the store there. Who knew that Wyoming was the place to look if you want a swimming pool?

Doesn't make sense to me, but then again neither does selling Halloween decorations at the beginning of August and all the stores are doing that... so, whatever!

At any rate, Jonah and I have been having a blast playing in the pool. We have been splashing, playing "Ring around the Rosies" and swimming like fishies. Wanna come over for a pool party?


No comments:

Post a Comment