Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What's that smell?

So this morning I was really hoping that my boys would sleep in. Nope! Even though we put Jonah to bed really late, he woke up at approximately 6:22 a.m. (and by approximately I mean exactly because I looked at the clock and moaned). But I had already been out of bed at 5 a.m. to go to the bathroom and then I fed the little guy around 5:30 a.m. So I guess I was already awake... mostly.

So I got Jonah a cup of milk and after he drank it up he cuddled in bed with me. It was nice and I was hoping he would go back to sleep. No such luck. Instead I get this:

Jonah: blue, green, brown, one two three four five!

Then he started babbling some more colors. So I knew I might as well play with him because he was definitely awake. We made a tent under the covers and tickled and giggled a bit. We were having a good time.

Me: You smell like pee-pee!
Jonah: Nope!
Me: Are you sure?
Jonah: (looks right at me and then toots) Hahahaha!
Me: Oh!
Jonah: pee-eww!
Me: No kidding.

How is it that little boys learn to master that particular body function so quickly, huh?

Then he proceeded to climb over me repeatedly while saying, "Mommy get up!".
That is how my day began. Fun, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment